- Mount Kalsubai is the highest peak in Maharashtra standing at an altitude of 1646 m above mean sea level. Mount Kalsubai is a favorite destination for trekkers due to the terrain that is ideal for trekking. There is a temple here with a well. The water level is never believed to have gone down below 3 ft.
- Agasti Rishi Ashram is one of the most visited destinations. The Ashram finds mention in the great Hindu epic of Ramayana. Legend says that Lord Sri Ram and his brother Laxman stopped over here to seek Shri Agasti Rishi’s blessings. The Rishi gave Lord Ram a powerful arrow with which Lord Ram killed Ravana.
- The Ratangad Fort is a historic fort entwined in the Maratha Empire’s history and Chatrapati Shivaji. The fort was captured by Chatrapati Shivaji in his rise as the Emperor of the Maratha Kingdom. The destination is also highly popular with the adventure sports lovers who indulge in trekking, hiking and also with nature lovers. One can reach Ratnagad Fort by trek or by boat.
- Wilson Dam is a 150 m high dam on the River Pravara built in the year 1910. The Dam complex is also home a beautiful garden lined up with beautiful flowering plants, trees and streams. The Dam is opened during monsoon when the water level in the lake rises. One can also visit the Umbrella falls nearby and have a fulfilling bath and relax.
- Arthur Lake is a beautiful lake amidst the lush green forests of the Sahyadri Mountains. The Lake sources its water from the River Pravara.
- Randha Falls on River Pravara is a 170 ft high fall. The fall is ideal to visit in the monsoons as the current of the water will to its fullest.
- Ghatghar is a popular viewpoint located 22 kms from Bhandardara. It offers a breathtaking view of the lush green hills and forests of the Sahyadri mountain ranges.
- Amriteshwar is a very ancient temple built in the year 1100 AD at Ratnagad. It temple has been constructed in a typical Hemadpanthi style of architecture which is followed even today.
Summers are hot and winters are cold. The tourist season peaks between November and April. To enjoy the waterfalls monsoon season is the best time to visit.
How to Reach
The nearest Airport is at Mumbai at a distance of 185 kms. The nearest rail head is at Igatpuri at 45 kms, but the one with good connectivity is Mumbai. By Road, Bhandardara is well connected with the rest of the towns and cities in Maharashtra. The state capital Mumbai is at 185 kms and Pune is at 191 kms from Bhandardara.